A Day in the Life

A Day in the Life: Jen Mahan

6:30 a.m. – Alarm goes off the first time. I usually hit snooze a few times before rolling out of bed. Then it’s waking the kids up and getting them ready for school.

School Drop-off!

8:00 a.m. – Chauffeur my kids to school

8:30 a.m. – Home, turn on the computer, start the Keurig. I log into my computer and reach out to Jan and see how the morning went.  Getting myself organized and enjoying my coffee usually takes about an hour—this also includes random phone calls for emergencies, etc.  After I am organized, I take some time to gather data to fill in reports that I manage.

10:00 a.m. – This is also a normal time to have meetings (usually Tuesdays and Thursdays). I also will touch base with Megan a little before 11 and give her the rundown of who is/is not available, and if there are any requests we will need to address.

My beautiful girls!

11:00 a.m. – 12:00p.m. – Depends on the day, but this is either super busy or very calm — I never really know!

12:00 p.m. – At noon, every day, I attend the D-1 meeting. After that, I usually touch base with Megan again to check the lunch status, and start looking at the 6hr/OT rooms and who I may have to relieve in the next couple of hours.  

2:00 p.m. – Get online in the control room, and from there, who knows what will happen. It always includes lots of phone calls, text messages, and case stalking. Also get my kids from school at this time.

Enjoying the sunshine with my youngest daughter.

5:00 p.m. – Usually log off for the day — but it depends on how the board looks at the time.

Relaxation time with the doggo!

6:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Dinner, homework, taxi-Jen to/from various practices (2 nights a week), baths, random events, yard work in the summertime, etc.

Two nights a week, I am the taxi to and from practices. Then there’s dinner, homework, baths and any other random events that pop up.  

8:30 p.m. – Time to put the kids to bed! After that I try to relax and hang out with my dog.